- Hike the Vatnajökull glacier with your guide: The glacier’s crevasses make the landscape potentially dangerous
- Sweeping views over the icy formations and rugged terrain
- All safety equipment included
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures personalised attention from your guide
Departure & Return
We will see you at our meeting point 30 minutes before departure time. Please note that if you arrive after departure time your place on the tour can't be guaranteed or refunded. Since May 1st, 2019 the meeting point is at Skaftafell Terminal Tour Center by the main road. You can look up "Skaftafell Terminal" on Google Maps to find the exact location and driving directions. Driving time to Skaftafell from Reykjavík is around 4 hours and 30 minutes. If you arrive early, you can visit Skaftafell Terminal Tour Center which offers free parking and has restrooms.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Troll Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms