To limit the spread of the coronavirus, attractions may be closed or have partial closures. Please consult government travel advisories before booking. The WHO is closely monitoring the coronavirus and more information can be found here.
6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Located on the island of Sicily, Mt Etna is the tallest active volcano in Europe. Explore its different aspects on this active tour from Catania that includes hiking up the volcano along a trail to the inner crater. See lava flows, learn about the geological history of the volcano, admire panoramic views and hike into a lava cave.
- Mt Etna tour from Catania
- Experience this active volcano up close
- Hike along a mountain trail to spot lava flows and enter a lava cave
- Hear about its geological history, and see native vegetation
- Admire views of the Sicilian landscape
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (in Catania except ZTL areas)
Transport by A/C minivan/jeep/minibus
Food and drinks
Use of Trikke
Disposable gloves and mask
Departure & Return
Departure PointVia Duca Camastra, 95030 Gravina di Catania CT, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up times can be between 8:20 and 9:00am.
In case of accommodations in ZTL areas we will give a meeting point reachable by walking 5 minutes
- Catania's port
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- not recommended for travelers with flu or cold
- not available for people who has covid
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Etna Est
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Etna Morning Trip?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Etna Morning Trip?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Etna Morning Trip?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Etna Morning Trip?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
What is the maximum group size during Etna Morning Trip?
This activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Etna Morning Trip.
See all safety measures taken by Etna Morning Trip.
Product code: 19917P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore Excursions4WD ToursBus ToursSporting EventsExtremePorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCataniaSicilyShore Excursions - Catania4WD Tours - CataniaBus Tours - CataniaSporting Events - CataniaExtreme - CataniaPorts of Call Tours - CataniaHalf-day Tours - CataniaShore Excursions - Taormina4WD Tours - TaorminaBus Tours - TaorminaSporting Events - TaorminaExtreme - TaorminaPorts of Call Tours - TaorminaHalf-day Tours - TaorminaShore Excursions - Palermo4WD Tours - PalermoBus Tours - PalermoSporting Events - PalermoExtreme - PalermoPorts of Call Tours - PalermoHalf-day Tours - PalermoCategory
Trapani and Paceco Salt Pans Natural Reserve (Riserva Naturale Integrale Saline di Trapani e Paceco)Taormina Roman OdeonMarzamemi Taormina Cable Car (Funivia)Church of San Domenico (Chiesa di San Domenico)Fountain of Neptune (Fontana di Nettuno)Taormina Piazza DuomoPalatine Chapel (Capella Palatina)MarsalaChurch of San Giuseppe (Chiesa di San Giuseppe)Villa ComunaleChurch of the Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani (Chiesa della Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani)Monreale Messina Cruise Port (Terminal Crociere di Messina)San Benedetto Church (Chiesa San Benedetto)Benedictine Monastery of San Nicolò l'Arena (Monastero Benedettini di San Nicolò l'Arena) Gambino Winery (Vini Gambino)Piazza & Fontana PretoriaMassimo Opera House (Teatro Massimo)Cefalù Cathedral (Duomo di Cefalù)