6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Located on the island of Sicily, Mt Etna is the tallest active volcano in Europe. Explore its different aspects on this active tour from Catania that includes hiking up the volcano along a trail to the inner crater. See ancient lava flows, learn about the geological history of the volcano, admire panoramic views and hike into a lava cave.
- Mt Etna tour from Catania
- Experience this active volcano up close
- Hike along a mountain trail up to 1200mt to spot lava flows and enter a lava cave
- Hear about its geological history, and see native vegetation
- Admire views of the Sicilian landscape
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (in Catania except ZTL areas)
Transport by A/C minivan/jeep/minibus
Food and drinks
Use of Trikke
Disposable gloves and mask
Departure & Return
Via Duca Camastra, 95030 Gravina di Catania CT, Italy
Etna Est Info Point - Free and wide parking area
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- not recommended for travelers with flu or cold
- not available for people who has covid
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Etna Est
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Etna Morning Trip?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Etna Morning Trip?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Etna Morning Trip?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Etna Morning Trip?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Etna Morning Trip
4 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore Excursions4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursExtremePorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSicilyCataniaShore Excursions - Catania4WD Tours - CataniaSporting Events - CataniaBus Tours - CataniaExtreme - CataniaPorts of Call Tours - CataniaHalf-day Tours - CataniaShore Excursions - Taormina4WD Tours - TaorminaSporting Events - TaorminaBus Tours - TaorminaExtreme - TaorminaPorts of Call Tours - TaorminaHalf-day Tours - TaorminaShore Excursions - Palermo4WD Tours - PalermoSporting Events - PalermoBus Tours - PalermoExtreme - PalermoPorts of Call Tours - PalermoHalf-day Tours - PalermoCategory
Church of San Giuseppe (Chiesa di San Giuseppe)Piazza & Fontana PretoriaTaormina Roman OdeonPiazza IX AprileChurch of San Domenico (Chiesa di San Domenico)San Benedetto Church (Chiesa San Benedetto)Catania Archaeological Park (Parco Archeologico Greco-Romano di Catania)Taormina Cathedral (Duomo) and Piazza del DuomoOpera Dei Pupi (Rod Marionette Theatre)Mazzarò Beach (Lido Mazzarò)Taormina Old Town (Centro Storico)Politeama Garibaldi Theater (Teatro Politeama Garibaldi)Corso Umberto ICastelmolaFountain of Neptune (Fontana di Nettuno)EriceHouse Museum of Soap (Casa Museo del Sapone)MarsalaMassimo Opera House (Teatro Massimo)Church of the Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani (Chiesa della Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani)