- Full-day private shore excursion to ancient Ephesus, Didyma and Miletus
- Explore spectacular Ephesus, Turkey’s best-preserved classical city
- Gaze at the stupendous Library of Celsus, Great Theatre, temples and Roman baths
- Visit Didyma’s stunning Temple of Apollo, once the seat of a revered Greek oracle
- Stroll around Miletus, a once-powerful Greco-Roman city with a well-preserved theater
- Enjoy the full attention of a private guide on this excursion
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Then, discover the ancient Greco-Roman city, Miletus, which rests adjacent to the opening of the River Meander. Learn about its four important coastal harbors that powered trade and how the city dissolved after the river filled with silt. Admire monuments such as Delphinium temple and the imposing Theater of Miletus that hosted 25,000 people during exciting gladiator matches. Plus, hear details about the classic Roman bathhouses.
Next, voyage to Didyma and marvel at the impressive Temple of Apollo. As you enter, see the chiseled head of Medusa and listen as your guide recreates the atmosphere of this enormous Greek temple. Then, stroll through the remnants of columns and hear about the admirable oracle who resided here and is the reason this temple is almost as well known as Delphi.
Make a pit stop for lunch (own expense) and then continue to Turkey’s famed archeological site - Ephesus. Step through the Magnesia Gate and begin a comprehensive tour of Asia Minor’s former Roman capital. Follow the marble covered roads and see baths, old houses, and famous Ephesus monuments. Enjoy exploring the Fountain of Trajan, Odeon and the Temple of Hadrian. Then, capture views of the amazing Library of Celsus and the Great Theatre that once hosted 24,000 attendees for sermons by St Paul.
After you depart Ephesus, drive back to your ship at Kusadasi cruise port where your shore excursion ends.
Please note: on the day of your tour, the order of each activity visited above may be modified.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: this tour guarantees you will get back to Kusadasi cruise port. In the unlikely event that your ship has left, we will organize transportation to the next port-of call. Plus, you can book worry free. If by chance your ship is delayed to arrive and you cannot attend the tour, we will refund your money. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- It is highly recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fez Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms