- Visit two Santorini wineries and learn about volcanic viticulture from a guide
- Sample up to eight different glasses of wine including assytriko and nykteri
- Learn how to cook some of Santorini’s signature dishes
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight ensures personalized attention
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your Santorini hotel / Apartment / AirBnB
Directions: Tour includes pickup and drop-service from all accommodations and hotels throughout Santorini.
In case your accommodation is not car-accessible or access restricted, pickup will be coordinated within walking distance from your accommodation.
What To Expect
Stop at a volcanic winery to sample your first glasses of wine, and then continue to the second winery of the day to learn about the different varietals produced on the island: assyrtiko, nykteri and vinsanto.
From there, it’s on to your cooking class. Under the watchful eye of your chef, help prepare a feast of local dishes. What you cook is decided on the day, but you can expect classics such as a tomato-flavored fritters, traditional Greek salad, and pork fillet caramelized with the sweet vinsanto wine.
When your food is ready, sit down to eat. Help yourself to wine to complement your creations, and finish with a glass of vinsanto to end your meal in the local way. With your take-home recipes in hand, you’ll then return to your vehicle and finish with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hotel pick-ups will be done to the closest accessible areas; parts of Santorini are in a slope and can't be accessed by vehicles
- Minimum age for the consumption of alcohol is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The wines served during the tour are mainly whites and dessert wines, as these are the kind of wines the island of Santorini produces. This is a gentle note for guests that only drink red wine.
- Tour route: · Hatzidakis Winery · Santo Winery or Venetsanos Winery · Avantis Anhydrous Winery
- Cooking lesson menu:
- Greek salad, Santorini version (vegetarian)
- Tomato-fritters (traditional Santorini appetizer, vegetarian)
- Local pork fillet on sweet "Vinsanto" wine sauce (signature Santorini dish)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Santorini Day Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Santorini Small-Group Cooking Class and Wine Tasting.