- Visit an iconic Colombian archaeological site nestled in the mountainside
- Enjoy an active excursion, ideal for keen hikers and adventurers
- Camp in the jungle for an immersive experience of nature
- Learn about Colombia's ancient history and indigenous cultures
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you exercise regularly and enjoy nature, then the path to the Lost City is an exceptional experience that you should add to your list of adventures. For those concerned about their physical condition, most days consist of about 7-8 kilometers trekking through challenging trails that are often steep, slippery and muddy, including forging the Buritaca River. During the dry season, the water may be knee high while water levels may increase to chest-height with strong currents during the rainy season. We recommend bringing a reliable pair of trekking shoes.
- Avoid carrying a heavy and uncomfortable backpack. During the trek, everyone carry what they want to take.
- Keep your body hydrated by drinking water constantly.
- During walks, always stay with your group and avoid getting away the paths.
- Protect your skin by reapplying sunscreen regularly and wearing protective clothing and a hat.
- Minimize your plastic garbage and dispose waste properly.
- Leave what you find and respect wildlife and local customs.
- During the day the weather is hot and humid, so we recommend wearing comfortable clothing, shirts and shorts for walking; at night the temperature is about 16°C and there is a high proportion of mosquitoes and other insects, so it is important to wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts for sleeping and use insect repellent.
- It is recommended to have the yellow fever vaccine as a preventive measure for the Lost City Trek.
- Small or Medium Backpack (pack as lightly as possible)
- Trekking boots and Sandals/Tennis Shoes
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Personal medication & toiletries
- Sunscreen & Insect repellent
- Warm layers for night
- Torch / Headlamp / Flashlight
- Rain poncho
- Waterproof bags for clothes & camera
- Basic first aid supplies
- Water bottle / Water purification tablets
- Please note that the region has a humid and rainy temperate climate with cold nights of 16 - 18° C.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Note: We have more than 20 guides for the Lost City tour of which 3 are bilingual. In the rest of cases we include a translator as long as there is a minimum of 6 people for the day they wish to register. In general (90%) we send translators every day.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bamba Travel
Learn more about cancellations.