4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Go underground in Costa Rica on a caving adventure at Barra Honda National Park. Using special spelunking equipment, descend deep into a pair of caves formed 60 million years ago and filled with fascinating rock formations. Back in the light of day, look for wildlife including capuchin monkeys as you hike through the forest, and recharge with a delicious Costa Rican lunch.
- Explore two ancient cave systems in Guanacaste with a caving guide
- Complete vertical descents and inclined hikes using professional equipment
- Look for deer, monkeys, and birds in the tropical dry forests of Barra Honda
- Off-the-beaten-path adventure for athletic travelers
Saved to wishlist!
Helmet and arnes equipment
Departure & Return
Departure PointGuanacaste Adventure & Travel, Tamarindo beach, Santa Cruz 50309 Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
6:30am pick up time
- Liberia Airport, Liberia Costa Rica
- Tamarindo Airport, Tamarindo Costa Rica
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is not recommended for people with claustrophobia
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guanacaste Adventure Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Caving tour & hiking at Barra Honda national park ?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Caving tour & hiking at Barra Honda national park ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Caving tour & hiking at Barra Honda national park ?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Caving tour & hiking at Barra Honda national park ?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeAttractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPlaya HermosaSanta CruzPlaya FlamingoGuanacaste and NorthwestTamarindoNature and Wildlife - Guanacaste and NorthwestAttractions & Museums - Guanacaste and NorthwestNature and Wildlife - TamarindoAttractions & Museums - TamarindoNature and Wildlife - Playa FlamingoAttractions & Museums - Playa FlamingoCategory