- San Sebastian cooking class and market visit
- Shop for fresh ingredients at Mercado de la Bretxa
- Learn how to make seasonal Basque dishes
- Enjoy what you made for lunch to end class
Departure & Return
Mimo cooking school, in the basement of the Hotel Maria Cristina.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Then head back to the school to start your lesson with a chef-instructor, who leads you in hands-on preparation to make Basque dishes with high-quality produce. Your dishes reflect the season, such as Tolosa beans and preserves made with local peppers.
At the end of class, sit down around a wooden table to enjoy the lunch that you and your fellow chefs-in-training created, served with wine pairings. When you leave, you'll have newfound knowledge and appreciation of a piece of San Sebastian culture.
Class also includes a recipe booklet and an aperitif and digestif.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- If the client has an allergy, they have to tell in advance. In any case, they will be cooking the same menu as the other guests, but will have a different menu for lunch avoiding those ingredients.
- Minimum age is 16 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Not available for vegans
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mimo
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It's quite nice to walk around the market to see all the top quality Basque produces and the fresh seafood." See review