4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get in gear for this Belize mountain biking adventure! Experience the magnificent Mayan ruins of Xunantunich in a way that few others do, reaching the archaeological site by way of a challenging single- and double-track ride. You’ll bike through a subtropical forest with an expert guide, then cross the Mopan River on a traditional hand-cranked ferry before riding to the hilltop ruins. Take in the panoramic views from the top of the imposing El Castillo temple and explore other highlights of the ancient city. The tour includes round-trip transport from your San Ignacio hotel.
- Half-day mountain bike ride to Xunantunich
- Experience the thrill of riding your mountain bike along rugged trails near Succotz
- Cross the Mopan River by hand-cranked ferry
- Visit the impressive Maya site of Xunantunich with your guide
- Admire panoramic vistas atop El Castillo
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off from San Ignacio
Saved to wishlist!
Use of necessary equipment
Hotel pickup and drop-off within San Ignacio Town limits
Hotel pick up and drop off outside San Ignacio Town
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended you wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Note: difficulty level of this trip is moderate
- Minimum age to participate is 13
- Please note: sections of this tour can be quite technical and it is recommended for only those that feel comfortable with some downhill biking
- Please note: a minimum of 2 passengers is required in order for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Belize Family Adventure
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Mountain Bike Adventure to Xunantunich Maya Site?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Mountain Bike Adventure to Xunantunich Maya Site?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Mountain Bike Adventure to Xunantunich Maya Site?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Mountain Bike Adventure to Xunantunich Maya Site?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Still Have Questions?
Product code: 6219XUBIKE
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeMountain Bike ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSan IgnacioNature and Wildlife - HopkinsMountain Bike Tours - HopkinsHalf-day Tours - HopkinsNature and Wildlife - Belize CityMountain Bike Tours - Belize CityHalf-day Tours - Belize CityNature and Wildlife - Ambergris CayeMountain Bike Tours - Ambergris CayeHalf-day Tours - Ambergris CayeCategory