10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Awaken your inner archaeologist as you explore the sprawling Mayan ruins of Caracol. Departing from San Ignacio, you’ll journey deep into the jungles of Belize to the Chiquibul Forest Reserve — home to one of the largest Mayan sites in the country. Your expert guide will illuminate the fascinating history of Caracol, which was once a mighty city and a rival of neighboring Tikal in Guatemala. Explore magnificent plazas, temples, palaces, and an observatory while learning about the social and religious practices of the ancient Mayans. Round-trip transport from your San Ignacio hotel is included on this full-day tour.
- Day trip to Caracol from San Ignacio
- Take a guided tour of Caracol, situated within the protected Chiquibul Forest Reserve
- Walk along a forest trail as you learn about the flora and fauna, and swim in rock pools en route
- Discover ball courts, residential complexes and a complete astronomical observatory
- Admire the magnificent Caana pyramid, topped by three temples
- Lunch and round-trip hotel transport by minivan included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off within San Ignacio Town
Hotel Pick up and Drop off outside of San Ignacio town limits
Departure & Return
6 Far W St, San Ignacio, Belize
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: a minimum of 2 passengers is required in order for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. Hotel pick up and drop off included is for hotels within San Ignacio town limits. For hotels outside of San Ignacio town, a surcharge applies.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Belize Family Adventure
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Caracol Day Trip & Mountain Pine Ridge from San Ignacio?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Caracol Day Trip & Mountain Pine Ridge from San Ignacio?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Caracol Day Trip & Mountain Pine Ridge from San Ignacio?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Caracol Day Trip & Mountain Pine Ridge from San Ignacio?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursArchaeology ToursExtremeHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSan Ignacio4WD Tours - FloresSporting Events - FloresBus Tours - FloresArchaeology Tours - FloresExtreme - FloresHistorical Tours - FloresFull-day Tours - Flores4WD Tours - HopkinsSporting Events - HopkinsBus Tours - HopkinsArchaeology Tours - HopkinsExtreme - HopkinsHistorical Tours - HopkinsFull-day Tours - Hopkins4WD Tours - Belize CitySporting Events - Belize CityBus Tours - Belize CityArchaeology Tours - Belize CityExtreme - Belize CityHistorical Tours - Belize CityFull-day Tours - Belize CityCategory