- Bike tour of major San Francisco neighborhoods
- See landmarks such as the Transamerica Pyramid, AT&T Park and Aquatic Park on flat terrain throughout the city
- Explore neighborhoods including the Mission, the Castro, North Beach, Barbary Coast and NOPA
- Take a break to purchase lunch from a SOMA food truck and sip coffee in the Haight
- Bike rental and all safety equipment included
Departure & Return
Tour departs from our Fisherman's Wharf Tour Center. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your tour is scheduled to depart.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
While it may be foggy and cool in one neighborhood, it may be sunny and warm in the next, so dressing in layers is your best option. The tour includes 10 photo stops, which double as informational stops where your guide will shares facts, stories and history on local sights. Food and drink breaks along the way include an optional lunch at a roaming pod of gourmet food trucks, and a coffee and tea break in the Haight (all food and drinks are at your own expense).
On this four-hour tour, you’ll wind your way through North Beach alleyways and past the Transamerica Pyramid before coming upon the former Barbary Coast, once a den of concert saloons, dance halls, and brothels. Then you’ll make your way around AT&T ballpark and pedal past San Francisco’s colorful Victorian and Edwardian homes, including Alamo Square’s famous “Painted Ladies.”
You’ll continue through San Francisco's Latino Mission District (also a hub of DIY culture), Civic Center—home to San Francisco City Hall—and the colorful Castro and Haight-Ashbury neighborhoods, then on through the newer NOPA (North of the Panhandle) neighborhood and Polk Gulch, with its bevy of bars and restaurants. The route will take you past some incredible street art, and the ride’s leisurely pace helps provide an authentic feel of each distinct area.
Your guided bicycling adventure concludes at Aquatic Park in Fisherman’s Wharf, but this doesn’t necessary mean you’re done cycling. The bicycle is yours to use for the rest of the day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Credit card with ID (one per party) is required to be on file for a security deposit
- Minimum age is 13 years or older
- For electric bikes, full-day equals life of 1 battery, approximately 20-25 miles (32-40 km) depending on use
- Helmets are required on this guided tour
- Comfortable shoes and clothes, water and sunscreen are recommended; dress in layers as weather is likely to change quickly
- Subject to favorable weather conditions.
- Riders must be confident riding in city streets
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bay City Bike
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands