Explore our promoted experiences
- Experience San Francisco with a combo bike tour and Alcatraz admission
- Explore the infamous prison of Alcatraz on a self-guided audio tour
- Enjoy a bike tour over the Golden Gate Bridge into Sausalito
- All-day bike rental and Alcatraz admission included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Alcatraz Cruise Directions: Go to the Groups window at Pier 33 to collect your ticket. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure and present your departure time, ticket quantity, first and last name as well as Bay City Bike's company name. Don't forget to bring your ID's!
Departure point for your bike tour (will be held the day prior to your Alcatraz Tour): 2661 Taylor Street. All guests must arrive at least 45 minutes before tour departure time.
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
After the bike tour concludes in Sausalito, riders can utilize our Sausalito drop-off (additional cost), take their bike with them back on the ferry to San Francisco (additional cost), or ride back. Bikes due back by closing at 2661 Taylor Street (Fisherman's Wharf Tour Center).
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Comfortable shoes and clothes, water and sunscreen are recommended; dress in layers as weather is likely to change quickly
- The date you book is the date you will visit Alcatraz Island.
- After confirming your booking, you will be given a precise Alcatraz departure time. Once on the island, guests may leave at any time as ferries depart every 30 to 40 minutes; the last departing ferry is usually 6:30pm.
- The Alcatraz date cannot be adjusted after booking
- All travelers first and last names are required upon booking
- For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry
- Self-Guided Audio guided tour lasts between 2.5 to 3 hours
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
- Alcatraz voucher and a valid photo ID for all travelers will be required to pick up your Alcatraz tickets at Pier 33
- Your bike tour will be reserved for the day before your Alcatraz trip.
- Your guided bike tour starts in Fisherman’s Wharf and takes you along the National Park Bike Path.
- Bike Tour is 9 miles and lasts up to 3 hours.
- The bike tour concludes in downtown Sausalito.
- Credit card with ID (one per party) is required to be on file for a security deposit
- Bike helmets are provided and recommended
- Bike tour departs at either 10:00 AM (year-round), 11:30 AM (July-August), or 1:00 PM (March-October).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Ferry tickets from Sausalito to San Francisco are not included in ticket price.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bay City Bike Rentals & Tours
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Bike tour stopped regularly which was fine for the parents, and challznging enough for the boys (some steep hills!" See review
- "Our youngest was 10 and needed help up hillls, it’s busy too with other tours but we’ll worth it." See review
- "The bikes really get you in the mood to explore this amazing city." See review