- 3-hour private tour of Salzburg by foot
- Explore Salzburg Old Town and admire the architecture
- See Mozart’s Birthplace and the Benedictine St. Peter’s Abbey
- Listen to tales about the Sound of Music
- Enjoy personalized attention from your own guide
Departure & Return
Please meet your guide outside Café Glockenspiel, Mozartplatz 2, 5020 Salzburg, Austria.
What To Expect
After passing through the bustling Getreidegasse shopping district, you’ll work your way to Mozart’s Birthplace. Hear about Mozart’s childhood and his family, and learn about other Classical composers from Salzburg such as Michael Haydn.
Stroll onward to St. Peter’s Abbey, one of the oldest Benedictine abbeys in Austria, and learn a little more of the city’s history from your guide. Over the centuries, Salzburg has been known for its medieval salt trade, advances in medicine, and its links to the Sound of Music — the city provided the filming locations for the timeless wartime tale.
After three hours, your tour ends in the center of the Old Town.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Your tour guides are local historians and enthusiastic hosts who love sharing Salzburg with visitors from all over the world.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Insight Cities
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Salzburg's Private Introductory Tour With Historian Guide.