4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
See both the Eagle’s Nest and the underground bunkers of Berchtesgaden in just half a day. The trip from Salzburg is ideal if you don’t have much time but do want to see the historic sites. Check out the opening scene location from the Sound of Music as you travel high through the hills, then gaze out at the alps from the Eagle’s Nest, Adolf Hitler’s mountain retreat. On your way back to Salzburg, you’ll call in at the underground bunkers and Berghof grounds, too.
- Travel with a private guide for an easy trip to the hard-to-reach Eagle’s Nest
- Hear the history of Hitler’s countryside retreat as you soak up the views
- Relax with convenient transport direct from your central Salzburg hotel
- Enjoy a more interactive, personalized tour with a guide just for your group
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Any Hotel, Airbnb or private address in the city of Salzburg and nearer surrounding areas.
- W. A. Mozart Airport, Salzburg Austria
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under the age of 12 or shorter then 150cm need a child seat. Please inform us
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Salzburg Private Tours and Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Half-Day Eagle's Nest Tour from Salzburg?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Half-Day Eagle's Nest Tour from Salzburg?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Half-Day Eagle's Nest Tour from Salzburg?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "One of the people in the group had mobility issues and Luciano, our guide, was very aware and made necessary accommodations." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Half-Day Eagle's Nest Tour from Salzburg
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSalzburgBus Tours - Austrian AlpsNature and Wildlife - Austrian AlpsHistorical Tours - Austrian AlpsHalf-day Tours - Austrian AlpsBus Tours - HallstattNature and Wildlife - HallstattHistorical Tours - HallstattHalf-day Tours - HallstattBus Tours - PassauNature and Wildlife - PassauHistorical Tours - PassauHalf-day Tours - PassauCategory
National Park Hohe TauernLarge Festival Hall (Grosses Festspielhaus)Salzburg Marionette Theatre (Marionettentheater)Austrian Lake District (Salzkammergut)Hohensalzburg Fortress (Festung Hohensalzburg)Panorama MuseumGeorg Trakl Memorial (Traklhouse)Stiegl BrauweltWerfen Ice Caves (Eisriesenwelt)Michael Haydn MuseumMuseum of Modern Art Salzburg Rupertinum (Museum der Moderne Rupertinum)Nonnberg Abbey (Stift Nonnberg)Mönchsberg Lift (Mönchsbergaufzug)St. Peter's Abbey (Stift Sankt Peter)Residenz Gallery (Residenzgalerie)Salzburg MuseumHangar-7Salzburg Museum of Natural History (Haus der Natur)Museum of Modern Art Salzburg Mönchsberg (Museum der Moderne am Mönchsberg)Getreidegasse