Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Enjoy a guided tour of the SS Rotterdam, the Netherlands’ largest passenger liner
- Choose between a 1-hour above-deck or below-deck visit, or a 1.5-hour exploration that combines both tours
- Get a glimpse of life onboard the ship with a visit to the captain’s cabin, bridge, chart room and more, if option selected
- Descend into the ship’s belly to explore the engine rooms, crew areas and replicas of original passenger rooms, if option selected
- Enjoy unparalleled views of the city and beyond from the stern and sports decks, if option selected
- Watch a video about the ship's voyages and be transported from Rotterdam to New York in just a few short minutes, if option selected
What To Expect
SS Rotterdam Tour: Above-Deck (1 hour)
Begin your tour by exploring the bow of the ship and listen to stories about the history of SS Rotterdam. Then, head to the bridge and imagine controlling the historic vessel as you place your hands on the wheel of the ship.
Admire the advanced navigational equipment before ascending to the stern and upper sports decks for spectacular views of Rotterdam. Then, venture inside the captain’s cabin to catch a glimpse of what day-to-day life was like on the ship.
After watching a short film in the Experience Center, return to deck and bid your guide farewell.
SS Rotterdam Tour: Below-Deck (1 hour)
Commence your tour by descending to the belly of the ship as you listen to stories about SS Rotterdam’s eventful history. Meander through a maze of pipes, meters and boilers as your guide recreates daily life below deck.
Then, examine equipment such as boiler holds and ship stabilizers before grasping the many levers and switches of the control panel. Conclude your tour by peeking into replicas of original passenger rooms and crew areas, and then return to the main deck.
SS Rotterdam Tour: Above- and Below-Deck (1.5 hours)
Embark on a combination of the Above-Deck and Below-Deck tour with your guide.
If hunger strikes after your tour, revitalize with snacks at one of the ship’s restaurants (own expense). In summer, you can swim in the Lido and drink a refreshing cocktail from the bar, or feast on gourmet food in he Club Room.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY ss Rotterdam
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Skip the Line: SS Rotterdam Exploration Guided Tour.