- Full-day private shore excursion from Warnemünde port to Potsdam
- Discover Potsdam, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and scenic former home of Prussian kings and German emperors
- Choose to visit the Rococo Sanssouci Palace, the castle of Babelsberg, and the Marble Palace
- Opt to visit Cecilienhof Palace, where Germany's fate was decided after WWII
- See the Glienicke Bridge, where spy exchanges took place during the Cold War
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your driver will collect you approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour after your boat docks. Contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Hafenrundfahrt Warnemünde - Stadthafen, Am Passagierkai, 18119 Rostock, Germany
What To Expect
Once in Potsdam, see the majestic castle of Babelsberg, the fabulous Marble Palace and visit the Cecilenhof Palace, where Churchill, Truman, and Stalin wrote world history when discussing how to partition Germany.
Then travel through the historical city center, the Russian colony of Alexandrowka, and the Dutch Quarter and into downtown Potsdam for lunch at a local restaurant (own expense). While downtown, visit the Evangelical St. Nicholas' Church; the historic town hall and the Landtag of Brandenburg, or Brandenburg State Parliament.
Finally, admire the majestic royal residences that were built during the reign of Frederick the Great. There’s Sansoucci Palace, one of the largest UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Germany; New Palace, the largest and most impressive palace ensemble in Sanssouci; the small, neo-classical Charlottenhof Palace, also in Sanssouci Park; and Orangery Palace, built in the style of the High Renaissance and commissioned by King Frederick William IV.
The tour concludes with a return trip to the Warnemünde cruise port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to Warnemünde Port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please list any special interests you have at time of booking under 'Special Requirements' so our guide can better prepare for your private tour
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Original Berlin Walks
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands