3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Experience the Vatican’s treasure trove of artistic masterpieces and sacred relics on a private 3-hour tour. With so much to see, the Vatican can be overwhelming, but your private guide will whisk you to the front of the long lines and directly to the most important and awe-inspiring pieces in the immense collection. See highlights including the Raphael Rooms, the Octagonal Courtyard and the magnificent Sistine Chapel while learning the legends behind the art. You’ll also get direct, skip-the-line access to the interior of St Peter’s Basilica.
- Private 3-hour tour of the Vatican Museums
- Head directly to highlights of the massive collection
- See Michelangelo’s frescoes in the Sistine Chapel
- Learn the stories and significance of artistic masterpieces
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Beat the crowds with skip-the-line entry to the museum and St Peter’s Basilica
- Once-in-a-lifetime experience
Saved to wishlist!
Professional art historian guide
Private guided tour of the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel & St. Peter's Basilica
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointVia Germanico, 16, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return DetailsSt. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Ticket includes: The Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour, you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in at least 15 minutes prior to your tour departure time.
- If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Knees & Shoulders MUST be covered for both men & women to enter the Sistine Chapel!
- Please note that on the day of your visit certain areas of the monument/attraction can be closed due to either religious events and national holidays.
- Please be advised capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events.
- Cancellations, changes or issues due to weather, security and events held by the monument are beyond our control and are directly decided by their administration team. These issues will be reviewed by us and dealt with on an individual basis but are the responsibility of the monument.
- All visitors must pass through the monument/attraction security check please allow at least 20 minutes to clear security.
- The exact timings and reservations can vary, dependent on the monument/attraction’s administration offices availability and decisions on the booking day and can be subject to last minute changes. Departure time can differ up to 20 minutes from your selected time.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the monument.
- Students booking a reduced ticket must have a photo ID, you must bring a photo ID to be allowed into the monument.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Follow Me SRLS
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Exclusive Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- "Showing the shoulders is not allowed, so if you are wearing a tank top, make sure you have a shawl or cardigan to cover your arms, otherwise you won't be allowed to go in the Vatican at all." See review
Product code: 7356P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - OrvietoHistorical Tours - OrvietoHalf-day Tours - OrvietoCategory
Baths of Diocletian (Terme di Diocleziano)Triton Fountain (Fontana del Tritone)Ancient RomeArch of Titus (Arco di Tito)Museum of Contemporary Art of Rome (MACRO)Largo di Torre ArgentinaJewish Museum of Rome (Museo Ebraico di Roma)Basilica of Santa Maria del Popolo (Basilica di Santa Maria del Popolo)Fontana dell'Acqua PaolaTiber Island (Isola Tiberina)Piazza di San CosimatoChurch of Santa Maria della Pace (Chiesa di Santa Maria della Pace)Ponte SistoHouse of Livia (Casa di Livia)Piazza BarberiniBasilica di Sant'Andrea delle FratteDomus Romane of Palazzo Valentini (Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini)Via MarguttaSilvano Toti Globe TheatreSt. Peter's Baldachin (Baldacchino di San Pietro)