10 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Explore Rome—without the stress of planning—on a full-day shore excursion from the port of Civitavecchia. In addition to round-trip transport, the day’s itinerary includes private tours of the Vatican and Colosseum, as well as free time to explore. Unlike group trips offered by cruise companies, this private tour ensures a personal, customized experience.
- See the best of Rome on a private shore excursion from Civitavecchia
- Enjoy private walking tours of the Colosseum, Vatican, and Rome's highlights
- Save time with pre-booked admission
- Feel free to customize your itinerary to your interests
Saved to wishlist!
Port of Civitavecchia pickup and drop-off. Meet your driver guide w/sign directly at the exit of your ship.
Professional Driver at your complete disposal from the pick up to the drop off to the Port.
Private licensed blue-badge Tour Guide for the full day tour of Rome (6hrs)
Private walking tour of the Colosseum (1hr) or Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill (2/3hrs)
Private walking tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica (2/3hrs)
Private walking tour of the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Navona square, Campo de Fiori.
Transport by air-conditioned private Luxury Mercedes E class, V class, Vito, Sprinter van.
The tour is customizable. You can ask your private guide to charge your itinerary the way you like.
On Sunday the Vatican Museums are closed. You will visit the Catacombs, Roman Forum & Palatine hill
We'll pre-purchase the Colosseum tickets and the Vatican Museums tickets for you. You will pay the tickets cash directly to your tour guide at the end of the tour.
Vatican Museums & St. Peter's Basilica skip the line tickets: Eur 30,00 per person
Colosseum skip the line tickets: Eur 25,00 per person
Earphones rental (More than 6 people): Eur 5,00 per person
Food and drinks.
Gratuities (not mandatory)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your driver will meet you right at the exit of your ship bearing a sign with your name. No shuttle bus needed.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Earphones are mandatory for groups (more than 6 people) inside the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica.
- Vatican Museums closed: Sunday, Easter, 01May, 29Jun, 14Aug, 15Aug, 01Nov, 8Dec, 25Dec, 26Dec
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Limousine Service in Italy
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during VIP Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia, Colosseum & Vatican Museums, Driver & Private Tour Guide with Skip the Line Tickets?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during VIP Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia, Colosseum & Vatican Museums, Driver & Private Tour Guide with Skip the Line Tickets?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during VIP Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia, Colosseum & Vatican Museums, Driver & Private Tour Guide with Skip the Line Tickets?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "I would absolutely recommend this trip without hesitation, especially if you have a tight schedule, younger children, or just appreciate getting the VIP treatment." See review
- "It was very hot the day we were in Rome and it was great not to have to walk in the blazing sun to get to all the attractions." See review
Product code: 26786P13
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeShore Excursions - Lake BraccianoBus Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoPorts of Call Tours - Lake BraccianoFull-day Tours - Lake BraccianoShore Excursions - Lake BolsenaBus Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaPorts of Call Tours - Lake BolsenaFull-day Tours - Lake BolsenaShore Excursions - OrvietoBus Tours - OrvietoWalking Tours - OrvietoPorts of Call Tours - OrvietoFull-day Tours - OrvietoCategory
Janiculum Hill (Gianicolo)Via Cola di RienzoForum Boarium (Foro Boario)Castel Romano Designer OutletVatican Obelisk (Obelisco Vaticano) Circus of Maxentius (Circo di Massenzio) Garbatella District (Quartiere Garbatella)Castel Sant'Angelo National Museum (Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo)Herculaneum Archaeological Park (Parco Archeologico di Ercolano)Chiesa Nuova (Chiesa di Santa Maria in Vallicella)Orange Garden (Giardino degli Aranci)Church of St. Peter in Chains (San Pietro in Vincoli)Appian Way and Aurelian Walls (Via Appia Antica e Mure Aureliane)Trinità dei MontiSanti Cosma e Damiano Church (Chiesa dei Santi Cosma e Damiano)Rome Leonardo da Vinci Museum (Museo Leonardo da Vinci)Oratorio di San Francesco Saverio del CaravitaQuartiere CoppedèLa PietàAncient Rome