2 hours 3 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Take in the magnificence of the art works held at the Vatican with an art historian guiding you through its history and significance. This excursion keeps the group size limited to ensure you receive a more personalized experience versus the very large tours. This tour includes skip the line access to the Vatican museums, a guided look at the Sistine Chapel, and access to St. Peter’s Basilica to explore on your own.
- Marvel at the masterpieces in the Vatican with an art historian
- Skip the long lines with priority access admission
- Each group is limited to 25 participants
- Choose the tour time best suited to you. Tours last about three hours
Saved to wishlist!
Professional art historian guide
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Small group guaranteed
Food and drinks
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Departure PointVia Vespasiano, 28, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Details00120, Vatican City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time due to managing and organizational reasons.If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and Vatican Museum. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- To get inside the monuments it is used group ticket and not individual one. It cannot be asked just the ticket entrance.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The activity can suffer 20/30 min variation due to organizational resons
- Please be advised capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events.
- Cancellations, changes or issues due to weather, security and events held by the monument are beyond our control and are directly decided by their administration team. These issues will be reviewed by us and dealt with on an individual basis but are the responsibility of the monument.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You must have a valid photo ID to enter the monuments (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- Note: tour will not operate on religious holidays
- Acces to the Basilica is possible only when direct access from the Museum is open. WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO VISIT THE BASILICA DURING RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS AND CEREMONIES (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE). The Basilica is often subject to sudden closures.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- All visitors must pass through the monument/attraction security check please allow at least 20 minutes to clear security.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the monument.
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray
- No change on a booking can be accepted after 24hrs to the starting time of the tour. In that instance, no refund will be issued.
- For the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Pets are not allowed
- Not recommended for traveler with motor difficulties and walker users
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment,... ) or anything that might prevent you to regularly join the tour, MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour In Rome by Tour in the City
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 20905P112
Explore Similar Things to Do
Historical ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingRomeHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - OrvietoCategory
Piazza del PopoloLeonardo Da Vinci Experience Museum (Museo Leonardo Da Vinci Experience)Church of Our Lady of the Conception of the Capuchins (Santa Maria della Concezione dei Capucchini)Fontana dell'Acqua PaolaMontecitorio Palace (Palazzo Montecitorio)Church of St. Peter in Chains (San Pietro in Vincoli)Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere (Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere)Theater of Marcellus (Teatro di Marcello)Etruscan Necropolises of Cerveteri and Tarquinia (Necropoli Etrusche di Cerveteri e Tarquinia) Piazza della Bocca della VeritàDomus Romane of Palazzo Valentini (Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini)Ancient Ostia (Ostia Antica)Barcaccia Fountain (Fontana della Barcaccia)Church of Sant'Agnese in Agone (Chiesa di Sant'Agnese in Agone)Circus of Maxentius (Circo di Massenzio) Aqueduct Park (Parco degli Acquedotti)Basilica di Sant'AgostinoVilla FarnesinaTrajan's Market (Mercati di Traiano)Arch of Constantine (Arco di Costantino)