9 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Ideally suited to cruise ship passengers, this action-packed sightseeing tour of the Eternal City covers the highlights of Rome in a single day. Enjoy VIP pickup from Civitavecchia Port and embark on a customizable itinerary based on your interests. Wander the ruins of ancient Rome, take in iconic landmarks like the Spanish Steps, and venture into the mysterious Catacombs. Upgrade to include monument entrance fees.
- A customizable full-day tour of Rome’s top sights from Civitavecchia, with lunch
- Enjoy a hassle-free on-shore excursion and round-trip transfers in an air-conditioned minivan
- Customize your day: upgrade to include entrance fees to the monuments of your choice
- Leave the planning to the tour operators, and enjoy a tasty all-inclusive Italian lunch
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This introductory shore excursion is designed specifically with first-time visitors in mind.
Saved to wishlist!
English Speaking driver
Live commentary on board
Port pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
If you decide to enter the Colosseum you will have to let us know beforehand and we will get the tickets for you for an extra 18 euro per person. Not included in the prepaid cost
If you decide to enter the Catacombs you will have to pay 8 euro per person which is not included in the prepaid cost
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Port of Civitavecchia at docksideAs you get off the ship, you will see your driver with a sign and your name on ready to go. You will see your driver at Dockside
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Dress code is smart casual
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Rome Private Excursions
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Rome for First-Timers Private Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia Port?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Rome for First-Timers Private Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia Port?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Rome for First-Timers Private Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia Port?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Did several excursions through the ship and private is definitely worth it." See review
Product code: 20217P23
Compare Similar Experiences
Rome for First-Timers Private Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia Port
6 hours 55 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeBus Tours - Lake BraccianoArchaeology Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoFull-day Tours - Lake BraccianoBus Tours - Lake BolsenaArchaeology Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaFull-day Tours - Lake BolsenaBus Tours - AssisiArchaeology Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiFull-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Bramante Staircase (Scala del Bramante)Caelian Hill (Celio)Welcome to RomeParco del Colle OppioTiber River (Fiume Tevere)Portico of Octavia (Portico di Ottavia)Turtle Fountain (Fontana delle Tartarughe)St. Peter's Dome (Cupola di San Pietro)Holy Stairs (Scala Sancta) and Chapel of San LorenzoBaths of Caracalla (Terme di Caracalla)Basilica of Santa Maria del Popolo (Basilica di Santa Maria del Popolo)Trajan's Market (Mercati di Traiano)Arch of Titus (Arco di Tito)Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem (Basilica di Santa Croce in Gerusalemme)National Roman Museum (Museo Nazionale Romano)–Palazzo Massimo alle Terme Via SacraPiazza del CampidoglioPincio Gardens (Pincio)Domus AugustanaMontecitorio Palace (Palazzo Montecitorio)