3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Take a deep dive into Rome's secret gay history during this LGBT-friendly tour with guide. Exploring on your own, you may pass the top Rome highlights but not know the gay history behind them. Through guided commentary, you'll learn little-known facts and figures about Rome's gay history. Stops include the spot where Julius Caesar was killed, the Imperial Forum, the Basilica of Santa Maria, Opium Hill, and Rome's Gay street where you'll stop at a famous gay pub.
- Comprehensive tour of Rome's sites related to gay history
- Drink/refreshment included on Gay Street
- Personal attention from your guide in a group of 15 people or fewer
- Intimate atmosphere in a small group and plenty of time for questions
Saved to wishlist!
English-speaking, LGBTQ-friendly guide
Drink/Refreshment on Gay Street
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointPiazza dei Calcarari, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return DetailsComing Out, Via di S. Giovanni in Laterano, 8, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY EcoArt Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Rainbow Tour: the Secret Gay History of Rome?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Rainbow Tour: the Secret Gay History of Rome?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Rainbow Tour: the Secret Gay History of Rome?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Rainbow Tour: the Secret Gay History of Rome?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "The tour takes place at sunset making it the ideal time for photography!" See review
Product code: 6700P19
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesRomeUnique Experiences - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoUnique Experiences - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaUnique Experiences - OrvietoWalking Tours - OrvietoHistorical Tours - OrvietoHalf-day Tours - OrvietoCategory
Basilica di Santa PrassedeMontecitorio Palace (Palazzo Montecitorio)Rome Jewish Ghetto (Ghetto Ebraico di Roma)Basilica di Sant'AgostinoChiesa Nuova (Chiesa di Santa Maria in Vallicella)Baths of Diocletian (Terme di Diocleziano)Protestant Cemetery of Rome (Cimitero Acottolico di Roma)Aventine Hill (Aventino)Basilica di San Lorenzo in LucinaChurch of Santa Maria della Pace (Chiesa di Santa Maria della Pace)Basilica di Sant'Andrea della VallePietro Canonica Museum (Museo Pietro Canonica)Great Synagogue of Rome (Tempio Maggiore di Roma)Sant'Angelo Bridge (Ponte Sant'Angelo)San Carlo ai Catinari Church (Chiesa di San Carlo ai Catinari)Vittoriano Museum Complex (Complesso del Museo Vittoriano)Rome Olympic Stadium (Stadio Olimpico)Borghese Gallery (Galleria Borghese)St. Peter's Dome (Cupola di San Pietro)Spanish Steps (Piazza di Spagna)