3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Rome’s Church of the Immaculate Conception (Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini) is home to one of the city’s most unusual crypts, made up of five chapels decorated with the bones of more than 4,000 Capuchin friars. With this tour, admire both the historic church and its singular, if slightly macabre, underground crypt with a guide to fully appreciate both the exquisite paintings and impressive bone art.
- Skip-the-line tickets for more time inside the church and crypt
- Admire the church’s 17th-century paintings with an art historian guide
- See intricate works of bone art decorating the undeground crypt
- A private tour, customizable based on the ages of your family or group
Saved to wishlist!
Blue Badge guide
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Via Vittorio Veneto, 13, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- as you entering a sacred place, please dress appropriately. Shoulders and knees for gentleman and ladies must be covered.
- It is important that you are at the designed meeting point 15 minutes prior tour departure.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Mea ToursEvents S.r.l.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour Dark and Sinister Side of Rome?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour Dark and Sinister Side of Rome?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour Dark and Sinister Side of Rome?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour Dark and Sinister Side of Rome?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour Dark and Sinister Side of Rome
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Archaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeArchaeology Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoArchaeology Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaArchaeology Tours - AssisiWalking Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiHalf-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Basilica di Sant'Andrea delle Fratte Tours & TicketsJewish Museum of Rome (Museo Ebraico di Roma) Tours & TicketsPiazza della Bocca della Verità Tours & TicketsSt. Nicholas Basilica in Carcere (Basilica San Nicola) Tours & TicketsCase Romane del Celio Tours & TicketsFarnese Palace (Palazzo Farnese) Tours & TicketsTrajan's Column Tours & TicketsHouse of the Vestal Virgins (Casa delle Vestali) Tours & TicketsBasilica di Santa Maria in Via Lata Tours & TicketsBramante Staircase (Scala del Bramante) Tours & TicketsBasilica of Santi Quattro Coronati (Basilica dei Santi Quattro Coronati) Tours & TicketsRome Opera House (Teatro dell'Opera di Roma) Tours & TicketsVittoriano Museum Complex (Complesso del Museo Vittoriano) Tours & TicketsPincio Gardens (Pincio) Tours & TicketsPaciotti Salumeria Tours & TicketsProtestant Cemetery of Rome (Cimitero Acottolico di Roma) Tours & TicketsVia Veneto (Via Vittorio Veneto) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Contemporary Art of Rome (MACRO) Tours & TicketsFontana dell'Acqua Paola Tours & TicketsChiesa Nuova (Chiesa di Santa Maria in Vallicella) Tours & Tickets