3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Unlock the mysteries of the Vatican on this popular tour. Follow your guide on a carefully selected route through the Vatican Museum’s hundreds of sprawling rooms to see the most important pieces of this world-class art collection. Gaze up at the Sistine Chapel ceiling, and then head underground to the rarely seen ‘Vatacombs’—the final resting place of many popes and home to ancient relics. Enjoy priority access to bypass the crowds, including skip-the-line privileges to enter St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Top-rated tour of Vatican City highlights
- Head straight to the most important pieces in the immense Vatican Museum collection
- Hear the history and legends of the Sistine Chapel
- Visit the tombs of former popes in the underground ‘Vatacombs’
- Skip-the-line access to St. Peter’s Basilica
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This tour unlocks the rarely seen ‘Vatacombs’—papal tombs not normally open to the public.
Saved to wishlist!
Get into the Vatican Museums fast with our no lines priority access ticket and local expert guide
Entire Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica tour with multiple departure times
Catch all the classic and ancient sculptures inside world famous chambers, halls and galleries
Immersive Sistine Chapel inside experience and a panel-by-panel tour of Michelangelo's ceiling
Tour of little-known Papal Sarcophagi beneath St. Peter's Basilica which we call "Vatacombs"
Full tour of entire St. Peter's Basilica covering all the major works of art and sculpture therein
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Via Sebastiano Veniero, 19, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- On days immediately surrounding religious holidays at the Vatican, alterations to tours may become necessary due to partial closings of areas normally included in this tour. In the event that the Papal tombs beneath St. Peter's Basilica are closed, the tour of the Basilica itself will be extended and no refunds made
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Maximum 15 travelers on this tour, hand sanitizer made available (we will provide), mandatory mask-wearing on the tour (bring your own)
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY When In Rome Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Entire Vatican & Vatacombs?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Entire Vatican & Vatacombs?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Entire Vatican & Vatacombs?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Entire Vatican & Vatacombs?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "With the Vatican being so busy, a tour is mandatory." See review
- "It seems to be par for the course, so don't expect time to contemplate much, it's like a drive by, on foot!" See review
- "For those of you going to Rome - it's worth the skip the line and get your own tour guide; you won't learn or understand nearly as much on your own ." See review
Product code: 5831P7
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingRomeCity Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoCity Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaCity Tours - AssisiWalking Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiHalf-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Appian Way and Aurelian Walls (Via Appia Antica e Mure Aureliane)Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem (Basilica di Santa Croce in Gerusalemme)Caelian Hill (Celio)Borghese Gallery (Galleria Borghese)Doria Pamphilj Gallery (Galleria Doria Pamphilj)Historic Center of Rome (Centro Storico di Roma)Church of Santa Maria della Vittoria (Chiesa di Santa Maria della Vittoria)Vittorio Emmanuele II Monument (Vittoriano)Piazza del CampidoglioBramante Staircase (Scala del Bramante)St. Nicholas Basilica in Carcere (Basilica San Nicola)BioparcoSant'Angelo Bridge (Ponte Sant'Angelo)Palazzo AltempsBasilica di San Lorenzo in LucinaLeonardo Da Vinci Experience Museum (Museo Leonardo Da Vinci Experience)Church of Santa Maria della Pace (Chiesa di Santa Maria della Pace)Church of Saint Ignatius of Loyola (Chiesa di Sant'Ignazio di Loyola)Piazzale Giuseppe GaribaldiRome Opera House (Teatro dell'Opera di Roma)