5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
When your cruise ship docks in Rome, ensure you get to hit all the must-see attractions in a single day by booking this tour. Enjoy the benefits of a fully guided Vatican tour and skip-the-line entry to the Colosseum.
- Guide provides commentary on the top sights of Rome
- Skip-the-line Colosseum ticket
- Guided Vatican tour
- Travel through Rome with ease
Saved to wishlist!
Extensive tour of the Roman Forum archaeological area with an expert Archaeologist guide
Faster than fast track entry into the Colosseum through Gladiator Gate to the Arena Floor
Core of the Colosseum tour with an expert Archaeologist guide
Ample time between your tour of ancient Rome / Vatican Museums tour to see the historic center
Skip all lines at the Vatican and get to all the major must-see highlights ahead of everyone else
Self-guided Vatican Museums walk
Instructions how to reach Roma S. Pietro station by the Vatican for the return train to your ship!
You will be back on board in good time before departure.
Train tickets between Civitavecchia - Roma Termini station / Roma S. Pietro Station - Civitavecchia
Departure & Return
Departure Point1: Trajan's Column, Via dei Fori Imperiali, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
2: Via Sebastiano Veniero, 19, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return DetailsVatican Museums, 00120, Vatican City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- You will disembark from your ship and walk the short distance to Civitavecchia railway station (or take mobility shuttle bus) for the train to Rome
- There is a train station in the town of Civitavecchia with several trains per hour going to Roma Termini central station
- Local trains take you to Rome's central station (Roma Termini) in about an hour
- Faster trains can make it in under an hour but cost three times as much. The station is close to the entrance of the port and a shuttle bus is available to get there from where passengers disembark
- The free port mobility bus takes cruise passengers to the railway station. Carry hand luggage only, nothing bulky
- As your first tour is of Ancient Rome, we suggest getting off the train at Ostiense train station and then taking Metro line C to the Colosseum
- To return to port and your ship, take the train from Roma St. Peter’s Station (Roma S. Pietro) directly back to Civitavecchia. A taxi from the Vatican to Roma San Pietro Station costs about 10 euros and is a 6 minute drive
- Maximum 15 travelers on this tour, hand sanitizer made available (we will provide), mandatory mask-wearing on the tour (bring your own)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY When In Rome Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Rome in a Day for Cruise Ship Passengers?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Rome in a Day for Cruise Ship Passengers?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Rome in a Day for Cruise Ship Passengers?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Rome in a Day for Cruise Ship Passengers?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 5831P61
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsRail ToursCity ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingRomeShore Excursions - Lake BraccianoRail Tours - Lake BraccianoCity Tours - Lake BraccianoPorts of Call Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoShore Excursions - Lake BolsenaRail Tours - Lake BolsenaCity Tours - Lake BolsenaPorts of Call Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaShore Excursions - OrvietoRail Tours - OrvietoCity Tours - OrvietoPorts of Call Tours - OrvietoHalf-day Tours - OrvietoCategory
Rome Opera House (Teatro dell'Opera di Roma)Catacombs of Rome (Catacombe di Roma) Odescalchi Castle (Castello Odescalchi)Cinecittà WorldProtestant Cemetery of Rome (Cimitero Acottolico di Roma)Quirinale Palace (Palazzo del Quirinale)La PietàBasilica of Santa Maria Maggiore (Basilica Papale di Santa Maria Maggiore)Bramante Staircase (Scala del Bramante)Foro ItalicoJewish Museum of Rome (Museo Ebraico di Roma)Via Cola di RienzoRome Jewish Ghetto (Ghetto Ebraico di Roma)Parco del Colle OppioAncient RomeTestaccioOrange Garden (Giardino degli Aranci)Gladiator MuseumAppian Way and Aurelian Walls (Via Appia Antica e Mure Aureliane)Piazza della Repubblica