4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Ride part of the way along the ancient Appian Way road without getting lost on this bike tour. You’ll pass centuries of history as you cycle through the Roman countryside on the route that dates back to the fifth century BCE. Your experienced guide will show you famous and lesser-known sites along the route, and make sure you have enough rest and photo stops for an enjoyable, active day out.
- Active travelers will love this cycling tour
- Bicycle and helmet use is included
- Learn about Rome’s long history by riding right through it
- A convenient way of touring the countryside from Rome
Saved to wishlist!
Use of bicycle
Use of helmet
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointVicolo di S. Nicola de' Cesarini, 4, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Minimum age is 8 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Rome for You Soc. coop
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Ancient Appian Way and Roman Countryside Bike Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Ancient Appian Way and Roman Countryside Bike Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Ancient Appian Way and Roman Countryside Bike Tour?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Ancient Appian Way and Roman Countryside Bike Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "You don't have to be an avid rider to manage this trip." See review
Product code: 13249P4
Explore Similar Things to Do
Archaeology ToursMountain Bike ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeArchaeology Tours - Lake BraccianoMountain Bike Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoArchaeology Tours - Lake BolsenaMountain Bike Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaArchaeology Tours - OrvietoMountain Bike Tours - OrvietoHistorical Tours - OrvietoHalf-day Tours - OrvietoCategory
Circus Maximus (Circo Massimo)Trevi Fountain (Fontana di Trevi)Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels and Martyrs (Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri) Basilica di Sant'AgostinoHistoric Center of Rome (Centro Storico di Roma)Basilica of San Clemente al Laterano (Basilica di San Clemente al Laterano)Capitoline Hill and Museums (Campidoglio e Musei Capitolini)Basilica of St. John Lateran (Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano)Pincio Gardens (Pincio)Via Cola di RienzoTheater of Marcellus (Teatro di Marcello)Vatican Obelisk (Obelisco Vaticano) Orange Garden (Giardino degli Aranci)Vittorio Emmanuele II Monument (Vittoriano)Arch of Constantine (Arco di Costantino)House of Augustus (Casa di Augusto)Rome Corsini Palace (Palazzo Corsini)La PietàTrastevereSan Carlo ai Catinari Church (Chiesa di San Carlo ai Catinari)