3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
The Old Riga, Art Nouveau, and Central Market districts are three highlights within the city of Riga. On this small-group walking tour, visit all three and hear about the history and cultural heritage of Latvia. Learn about local culture from your guide as you stroll Riga’s scenic streets. Take time to sample traditional Latvian food.
- Learn about Latvian history and culture from a guide
- Stroll Riga’s scenic streets
- Taste traditional Latvian food
- Visit the Old Riga, Art Nouveau, and Central Market districts
Saved to wishlist!
Local and professional guide
Small-group tour (maximum 10 participants)
Hotel/port pickup (for private tours / from hotels or port within the walking distance of Old Town)
Food and drinks in Riga Central Market (2-5 EUR)
Departure & Return
Vecpilsētas iela 12, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
Nēģu iela 7, Latgales priekšpilsēta, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Suitable as a shore excursion in Riga.
- The walking distance for this tour is approximately 8 km, it is 4 hours long and includes walking on cobble-stoned streets. Before you book this experience please make sure that you are capable of doing this tour without causing danger to your health or wellbeing. If you have walking difficulties or a stroller, please inform us about that before the tour. In this case we also sincerely suggest you to book a private tour option that can also be shortened according to your preferences.
- There is a a break in the middle of the tour for refreshments and wc.
- Minimum numbers apply (for public tours). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the rare event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- We do not allow groups of more than 5 to join our public tours. If your group is 6 or more, please book a private tour option.
- For private tours we offer pick up from a centrally located place within a walking distance (20 min.) of Riga Old Town. Private tour option can be altered according to your preferred walking distance and tour length.
- Although we try to adjust the tour to the weather conditions, please dress appropriately: in winter please wear thermo clothing, winter boots, hat and warm gloves; take an umbrella if it rains; wear comfortable shoes; sunscreen and head cover during the summer. Do not spoil your experience with being cold :)
- In extreme weather (less than -15C, more than +33C, heavy rain or wind) the tour might be shortened or cancelled. In this case full refund will be arranged. Please note that such weather conditions in Riga are extremely rare.
- Not recommended for people with walking difficulties
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Raami Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Best of Riga Walking Tour - Highlights and Hidden Gems?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Best of Riga Walking Tour - Highlights and Hidden Gems?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Best of Riga Walking Tour - Highlights and Hidden Gems?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsFood ToursCity ToursWalking ToursMarketsPorts of Call ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingRigaShore Excursions - VilniusFood Tours - VilniusCity Tours - VilniusWalking Tours - VilniusMarkets - VilniusPorts of Call Tours - VilniusShore Excursions - TallinnFood Tours - TallinnCity Tours - TallinnWalking Tours - TallinnMarkets - TallinnPorts of Call Tours - TallinnShore Excursions - KaliningradFood Tours - KaliningradCity Tours - KaliningradWalking Tours - KaliningradMarkets - KaliningradPorts of Call Tours - KaliningradCategory