Are you interested in?
417 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
753 Tours & Activities
Skarfabakki Cruise Terminal Tours
268 Tours & Activities
9 to 12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Visit the Snæfellsness Peninsula on a private day trip from Reykjavik. Enjoy western Iceland’s amazing natural scenery as you pass by sites like the Eldborg crater and Gerðuberg basalt wall. Take a short hike to Hellnar, known as a spiritual place where people often practice meditation and yoga; if you do not wish to take part in one of those activities, you may continue hiking. Other locations you’ll see before returning to Reykjavik include the coast at Dritvík and the church at Grundarfjörður.
- Private day trip from Reykjavik to the Snæfellsness Peninsula
- Take in the mountainous landscape of western Iceland
- See natural sights like the Eldborg crater
- Hike to Hellnar, and enjoy a little meditation, if you wish
- Try the local tradition of lifting heavy stones
- Enjoy the convenience of traveling by private vehicle
Saved to wishlist!
Professional photographer guide
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointReykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
We are calling all of our travellers for correct pickup time and pickup location in case of any weather changes etc. Tours are mostly private based so we can be very flexible, both with departures and arriving back to city.
- Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Harbour, Eyjarslóð 9, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Mercury Grail
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 19205P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore Excursions4WD ToursBus ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeExtremeEco ToursPorts of Call ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingReykjavikShore Excursions - Vik4WD Tours - VikBus Tours - VikSporting Events - VikNature and Wildlife - VikExtreme - VikEco Tours - VikPorts of Call Tours - VikShore Excursions - Skaftafell4WD Tours - SkaftafellBus Tours - SkaftafellSporting Events - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellExtreme - SkaftafellEco Tours - SkaftafellPorts of Call Tours - SkaftafellShore Excursions - South Iceland4WD Tours - South IcelandBus Tours - South IcelandSporting Events - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandExtreme - South IcelandEco Tours - South IcelandPorts of Call Tours - South IcelandCategory
Fimmvörðuháls VolcanoEyjafjallajökull VolcanoThe Pearl (Perlan)Saga MuseumSun Voyager (Solfar)Hallgrim's Church (Hallgrímskirkja)Vatnajokull National ParkWhales of IcelandThingvellir National ParkNational Museum of IcelandVolcano HouseSkogar MuseumSeljalandsfossÁrbaer Open Air Museum (Árbaejarsafn)Viking WorldFaxaflói BayHafnarfjordurReykjanes PeninsulaAurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center)Hveragerdi