- Snorkeling experience in Silfra fissure, located in Thingvellir National park from Reykjavik
- Certified PADI diverguide / Divemaster
- Admire the raw landscape of the UNESCO-listed national park
- Visit Lake Thingvallavatn and snorkeling in the blue depts of Silfra fissure
- Learn how the rift between the European and American tectonic plates slowly drifts apart by the force of nature
- Small-group tour, limited to 6 people per guide, ensuring a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please note that we only serve the pick-up locations specified in our pick-up list below. Due to traffic restrictions, we are not allowed to pick up from hotels in the city center nor from private Air BnBs. If your pick-up location is not on our pick-up list then we kindly ask you to find the closest pick-up point to your accommodation from our list:
22 Hill Hótel – Brautarholt 22-24.
Arctic Comfort Hótel – Síðumúli 19.
BSÍ Bus Terminal – Vatnsmýrarvegi 10.
Bus Hostel Reykjavík – Skógarhlíð 10.
Bus pick up/drop off nr.1 – City Hall, Vonarstræti
Bus pick up/drop off nr.2 – Tjörnin (The Pond)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.3 – Lækjargata (outside Hard Rock Café)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.4 – Miðbakki
Bus pick up/drop off nr.5 – Harpa Music Hall
Bus pick up/drop off nr.6 – Safnahúsið (The Culture House)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.8 – Hallgrímskirkja Church
Bus pick up/drop off nr.9 – Snorrabraut
Bus pick up/drop off nr.10 – Hlemmur on Laugavegur
Bus pick up/drop off nr.12 – Höfðatorg
Bus pick up/drop off nr.13 - Rauðarárstígur
Bus pick up/drop off nr.14 – Skúlagata
Oddsson Hotel - Grensásvegur 16a.
Cabin Hótel – Borgartún 32.
Capital Inn – Suðurhlíð 35d.
Eyja Guldsmen Hotel – Brautarholt 10.
Grand Hótel Reykjavík – Sigtún 38.
Grayline – Main bus terminal - Klettagarðar 4.
Hilton Reykjavík Nordica – Suðurlandsbraut 2.
Hótel Ísland – Ármúla 9.
Hotel Ørkin – Brautarholti 29.
Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura – við Hlíðarfót, Nauthólsvegur 52.
Kex Hostel – Skúlagata 28.
Klettur Hótel – Mjölnisholt 12-14.
N1 Gas Station – Ártúnshöfði
Radisson Blu Hótel Saga – við Hagatorg.
Reykjavík City Hostel – Sundlaugavegur 34.
Reykjavík Lights Hotel – Suðurlandsbraut 12.
Skarfabakki – Cruise Ship, Reykjavik Harbor, 105 Reykjavik
What To Expect
On arrival, don your dry suit and snorkel and prepare to plunge into the crystalline depths of the Silfra fissure. Listen to a comprehensive safety briefing and then descend to discover a mesmerizing underwater tableau. Gaze at a ravine that stretches some 82 feet (25 meters) below the water's surface and then follow your guide to some of the fissure’s most scenic spots. Glide effortlessly between American and European continents and see jagged rocks and gaping voids that lead to the molten core of planet Earth.
Return to sea level to dry off and relax during your journey to Reykjavik, where your tour concludes.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- It is recommended to bring a change of clothing, packed lunch and warm undergarments
- All snorkelers must fill out a medical form before participating in the tour
- You need to know how to swim to be able to participate in this tour
- This is a small group tour ensuring a more personalized experience limited to 6 participants per guide.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Tour photos from your snorkeling adventure available for purchase for a small fee
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group Snorkeling in Silfra with Transfer Included.