8 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Ride an Icelandic horse across open moors and fields, then look for minkes, humpbacks, porpoises, and white-beaked dolphins on a whale-watching cruise from Reykjavik. This full-day experience takes in the best of the country’s wildlife and scenery, both on land and at sea. Practice Iceland’s unique tölt gait and learn how horses arrived in Iceland almost a millennium ago, then search the waters of Faxaflói Bay while enjoying sweeping views of the rugged coastline.
- 8-hour horse riding and whale watching tour from Reykjavik
- Take a 1.5-hour horse ride through the rugged countryside around the city
- Cross heathland and fields on a small and hardy Icelandic horse
- Learn about this gentle breed of horse, and admire Iceland's surreal scenery
- Enjoy a whale watching cruise from Reykjavik
- Look for minke whales, humpbacks, white-beaked dolphins and porpoises in Faxaflói Bay or beyond
- Gain fascinating insights into Iceland’s whales and marine life from an onboard guide
Saved to wishlist!
Experienced and knowledgable guides
Free WiFi on board boat
3 hr. whale watching
1,5-2 hr. horse riding
Warm clothing on both tours
Necessary safety equipment
Entry to wildlife exhibition
Departure & Return
Völlum, 816 Sveitarfélagið Ölfus, Iceland
Ægisgarður 5c, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Please dress warmly for both activities
- In the case of non-sighting tours you will be given a complimentary ticket to use on another boat ride
- In the case of cancellation due to bad weather conditions you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund
- Please note that to take part in the horse riding element of the tour, travelers must weigh less than 240 pounds (110kg)
- This is a full day tour with no meals included. You can purchase light refreshments on board whale watching tour or pack your own lunch.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Elding Whale Watching
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Icelandic Horse Riding and Whale Watching Cruise from Reykjavík?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Icelandic Horse Riding and Whale Watching Cruise from Reykjavík?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Icelandic Horse Riding and Whale Watching Cruise from Reykjavík?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Icelandic Horse Riding and Whale Watching Cruise from Reykjavík?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "I would however advise you walk with a face mask as these horses can go pretty fast and the cold breeze will freeze you face if unprotected." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Icelandic Horse Riding and Whale Watching Cruise from Reykjavík
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeWater ToursEco ToursDay CruisesFull-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingReykjavikBus Tours - VikNature and Wildlife - VikWater Tours - VikEco Tours - VikDay Cruises - VikFull-day Tours - VikBus Tours - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellWater Tours - SkaftafellEco Tours - SkaftafellDay Cruises - SkaftafellFull-day Tours - SkaftafellBus Tours - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandWater Tours - South IcelandEco Tours - South IcelandDay Cruises - South IcelandFull-day Tours - South IcelandCategory
The Pearl (Perlan)Mt. EsjaSkaftafell National ParkThor's Woods (Thórsmörk)Hallgrim's Church (Hallgrímskirkja)Aurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center)BessastadirSecret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin)Thrihnukagigur VolcanoHofdi HouseImagine Peace TowerSeljalandsfossWhales of IcelandHafnarfjordurNational Museum of IcelandSilfra FissureReykjadalur Hot Spring Thermal RiverSkarfabakki Cruise TerminalSaga MuseumFaxaflói Bay