Don’t worry—here are some similar options
2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Soar above Iceland's Eyjafjallajökull Glacier and craggy volcanoes on a 2-hour helicopter flight from Reykjavik, and get an aerial view over the country’s rugged landscape. See a steaming geyser from above, fly over the Thórsmörk ridge, then touch down for a walk between looming peaks and ice. Return to civilization along the stark coast, watch waves crash on dark sand beaches and steer above the rolling Blue Mountains that shelter Reykjavik’s southern edge.
- 2 hour helicopter ride over Iceland’s volcanoes and rugged landscape
- Take in bird’s-eye views over Reykjavik and the Hengill geothermal area
- Fly over the Thórsmörk mountain ridge and marvel at its rivers and glaciers
- Make a stop between Eyjafjallajökull glacier and Katla volcano
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people to ensure a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Nauthólsvegur, Reykjavík, Iceland
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
10/1/2016 - 11/30/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 120kg. will be required to purchase an additional ½ seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nordurflug Helicopter Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Helicopter Flight from Reykjavik: Eyjafjallajokull Glacier and Volcanoes?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Helicopter Flight from Reykjavik: Eyjafjallajokull Glacier and Volcanoes?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Helicopter Flight from Reykjavik: Eyjafjallajokull Glacier and Volcanoes?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Helicopter Flight from Reykjavik: Eyjafjallajokull Glacier and Volcanoes?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Still Have Questions?
- "When we checked in with helicopter service earlier in that day (as they request you to), they said that the pilot recommended that we switch to a day later in the week." See review
Product code: 6269VOLCANO
Explore Similar Things to Do
Helicopter ToursNature and WildlifeAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingReykjavikHelicopter Tours - VikNature and Wildlife - VikHelicopter Tours - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellHelicopter Tours - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandCategory
National Museum of IcelandThrihnukagigur VolcanoHarpa (Reykjavik Concert Hall and Conference Centre)Thor's Woods (Thórsmörk)Viking WorldThingvellir National ParkThe Pearl (Perlan)Imagine Peace TowerSkogar MuseumVidey IslandNational Gallery of IcelandSkaftafell National ParkSaga MuseumFimmvörðuháls VolcanoÁrbaer Open Air Museum (Árbaejarsafn)LaugardalurSkarfabakki Cruise TerminalBessastadirSnaefellsjokull National ParkSecret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin)