- Walk through the oldest part of Reykyavik
- Learn about local myths through a professional guide
- Visit the oldest operational cemetery in the city
- Stop by the local pond, where you may spot a water monster
Departure & Return
We meet up at Ingolfstorg Square in the center of Reykjavik by the two stone high seat pillars (Over 2 meters high), The square is at the beginning of Austurstræti (Austurstræti 1) and is squared off by the streets Aðalstræti, Hafnarstræti, Veltusund, and Vallarstræti. If you walk down Laugavegur (The main shopping street) please just continue all the way down until you come to the square always walking straight down until you can't continue further. On the Ingolfur square itself, you can see Kvosin a small grocery market and Center Hotel Plaza. We sincerely recommend map programs like Google Maps because the Icelandic street names can be quite tricky.
We end up close to our starting point but now infront of the Parliament building at Austurvöllur public square.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please be at Ingolfur Square 5 minutes before the starting time
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- OPERATED BY Your Friend In Reykjavik
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff