- Full-day private tour of Mont Saint Michel from St Malo
- See the legendary skull of Mont Saint Michel founder Bishop Aubert in Avranches
- Climb the Grande Staircase and visit the Abbey Church at Mont Saint Michel
- Admire magnificent views from the monastery and browse the shops for souvenirs
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up, entrance fees, and round-trip transport
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Saint Malo or anywhere within 30 km of St Malo.
- St Jacques Airport, Rennes France
- Port de Saint-Malo - EDEIS, Gare Maritime de la Bourse, 35400 Saint-Malo, France
What To Expect
Make a stop in Avranches to visit the Saint-Gervais Basilica and hear the fascinating legend of Bishop Aubert, whose skull was touched by the Archangel Michel in 708 AD, apparently instructing him to build a monastery on the Mont. His skull, encased in a lavish shrine, is now on display in the basilica.
Learn more about the history of the monastery as you approach the coast and spot the fairy-tale spires of the Mont Saint Michel on the horizon. It’s undeniably picturesque, so be sure to snap plenty of photos as you admire the views out to the island.
After crossing over to the island, enjoy lunch (own expense) at Mere Poulard, famous for its delicious omelets, or at one of the many other restaurants, before setting out to explore the monastery. Accompanied by your guide, stroll the narrow streets of the monastery complex, browse the many souvenir shops of the Grande Rue, and climb the Grande Staircase to the hilltop Abbey Church. The views from the top are magnificent, so don’t forget to bring your camera.
After an afternoon enjoying the monastery, head back to St Malo, where your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel or cruise port.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Price is per car with a maximum of 6 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Tour Guide and Driver will wear a mask and/or a safety shield and virus safety shield is installed in the Van
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Normandytour
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: Full Day Tour of Mont Saint-Michel from St Malo.