- Otavalo Market, Cotacachi, and Cuicocha Lagoon tour from Quito
- Combine scenery and shopping in one effortless day
- Buy crafts at Otavalo and sail on Cuicocha Lake (extra cost) below Cotacachi
- Upgrade to add pickup and drop-off at select Quito hotels
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Head to the town of Cayambe, where tasty "bizcochos" biscuits are made fresh each morning. Watch as local men and women bake off the cookies in traditional wood ovens and sample a few of the buttery delights while they are still warm.
Then, make your way to Otavalo, where you meet Otavaleños (natives) as they prepare for market. Peruse the wares and barter for interesting items found only at this colorful marketplace.
Continue on to Peguche, which is known for its handmade leather bags, belts, and traditional workshops making Andean instruments. You have plenty of time to visit the village and do some shopping here.
Next, in Cotacachi, visit the Cuicocha Lagoon for the chance to take a small-boat ride (additional cost) and admire the changing colors of the volcanic waters.
Enjoy some free time for lunch (own expense).
On the way back to Quito, pick up passengers who stayed in Otavalo.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Optional pick-up and drop-off from selected hotels at an additional cost.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Ecuador
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Perfect if you want to avoid the stress of an over-crowded area!" See review