- Full-day trip to the islands of Uros and Taquile from Puno
- Meet local Uru people and learn about their customs and traditions
- Visit Taquile, an island known for its tranquility and authenticity
- Delicious lunch included
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 20 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Enjoy a warm greeting by the friendly locals, who show you round their rustic homes while your knowledgeable guide explains the fascinating history of the islands; originally built as a defense mechanism, the islands were designed with flexible reeds in order to move easily during attack. Learn about the logistical problems of the rotting reed foundations, then return to the boat for the next leg of your voyage.
Disembark at the island of Taquile, a place that has avoided the metropolitan development of the modern world; the women still wear traditional woven clothes and artisan treasures are created using ancient methods. Learn about the reversals in stereotypical gender roles and feast upon a light lunch inspired by regional recipes.
After your culturally enriching exploration, return to the mainland and venture back to your hotel in Puno.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY VIPAC - Viajes Pacifico
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff