- 2-day trip to the islands in Lake Titicaca
- Overnight accommodations with a local family
- Some meals included
- Round-trip transportation from Puno
- Travel between the islands via boat
- Get a window into the area's indigenous cultures
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up around 6:45 at your central Puno accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Suggestions for Homestay: Sleeping arrangements are basic and you will share a bathroom. All rooms are in different family homes and may vary in accommodations, some houses may not have electricity. Bring with you adequate amounts of water and snacks to avoid paying expensive rates on the islands. Bring enough cash to purchase souvenirs (between 5-20 soles) and extras on the islands. Remember to respect the ecology of the islands any trash you bring in please bring out with you upon your departure and do not take any native plants or rocks from the islands
- What to bring: Warm clothing and light clothing (the temperatures can vary very quickly). Torch/flashlight, sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, hiking shoes, water bottle (you can buy one also on the islands), money in soles (very low exchange rate for dollars), sleeping bag (optional), rain jacket/rain poncho (rainy season from October to March), small gift for host family to show appreciation (Cooking or kitchen materials, souvenir from your home country or children's books)
- NOTE: Please take a SMALL backpack with you on the trip and leave your BIG backpack at your hotel. You will return to Puno after the tour
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bamba Experience Inc
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Overnight Luquina Island Homestay Experience from Puno.