3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
In Peru, there exists a civilization that lives and works on islands made entirely out of woven reeds. The Uros people, who still live on floating islands on Lake Titicaca, only speak Aymara, so unless you’re fluent in the dialect, you won’t be able to unlock the secrets of their mysterious society without a guide. On this half-day tour, you'll tour to islands by boat and gain insight in Puno's preserved culture. Hotel pickup and drop-off, island admission ticket, boat, and bilingual guide provided.
- Half-day floating islands tour from Puno
- Learn how the man-made islands have remained afloat for centuries
- See what it’s like to live on an island made entirely of reeds
- Learn about how the Uros people have adapted to preserve their tradition
- Sail across the shimmering blue waters of Lake Titicaca
- Private vehicle pickup and drop-off from Puno hotels
Saved to wishlist!
Pick up from hotel in Puno
Guide in Spanish or English
Do not include transfers from hotel outside Puno.A meeting point will be set instead.
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY PVTravels
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 41586P8
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsCity ToursWater ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingPunoShore Excursions - ArequipaCity Tours - ArequipaWater Tours - ArequipaPorts of Call Tours - ArequipaHalf-day Tours - ArequipaShore Excursions - La PazCity Tours - La PazWater Tours - La PazPorts of Call Tours - La PazHalf-day Tours - La PazShore Excursions - CuscoCity Tours - CuscoWater Tours - CuscoPorts of Call Tours - CuscoHalf-day Tours - CuscoCategory