- Explore the ancient cities of the Istrian Peninsula during this full-day tour
- Walk the cobblestone streets of Bale and visit Rovinj, also known as 'Little Venice'
- Includes traditional Istrian lunch (with vegetarian options) in Grinzi
- Explore the 2,000 year-old Roman temples in Porec
- Great way to experience one of Crotia's most timeless areas
Departure & Return
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Start in the historic city of Bale, where you can take a stroll on its windy streets that circle around a local hill. After 45 minutes in Bale, proceed to Rovinj, known to locals as “Little Venice.” Spend 2.5 hours discovering Rovinj’s collection of tall townhouses and cobblestone streets, marveling at its similarities to Venice, its better-known Italian neighbor.
Leave Rovinj and head to Grinzi, where you’ll meet friendly local donkey and partake in an Istrian-style lunch for one hour. Following lunch, continue by coach to Porec, where you’ll have two hours to explore its ancient architecture. Learn about the town’s history dating back more than 2,000 years as you walk the timeless streets of Decumanus and Cardo Maximus. You’ll also get to visit the ruins of the former Roman temples dedicated to Neptune and Mars, and tour the Euphrasian basilica, an ancient monument built during the city’s Byzantine era.
At 6pm you’ll depart Porec and return to your hotel, arriving back in Pula and Medulin at 7pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian/Vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gulliver Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms