- Day or evening trip to Chacahua Lagoons National Park
- Sail across the five lagoons of the park and into mangrove forests
- Visit Chacahua village, Corral island, and a bird sanctuary
- Learn all about the area of La Costa Oaxaqueña and its history
- Enjoy a lagoon swim, a beach campfire, and the sunset at the Chacahua lighthouse (night trip)
- Round-trip hotel transport from Puerto Escondido included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We can pass for everyone at any place around Puerto Escondido
What To Expect
After morning pickup, travel north and arrive at the Rio Grande cattle-raising village. Here, taste delicious beef tacos or goat barbecue (breakfast not included). Continue to the village of Zapotalito, where you’ll board a boat and cruise along the five lagoons that make up the Chacahua Lagoons National Park.
Learn about each of the lagoons, journey into mangroves, and see a bird sanctuary. Head to Corral island and arrive at the village of Chacahua. During your time here, swim in a natural pool, visit a crocodile farm, and enjoy a delicious dish of shrimp or fish (additional cost). Gain insight into Afromestizo culture along the way. You’ll be dropped off back in Puerto Escondido in the early evening.
After a mid-afternoon pickup, enjoy all the activities described above. In addition, visit the Chacahua lighthouse and snap photos of the sunset. Experience a beach campfire and swim in a bioluminescent lagoon. You'll return to your hotel in the late evening.
Please note: A minimum of four people per booking is required.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Excursiones Turisticas de Valfred
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Chacahua Lagoons National Park Day Trip from Puerto Escondido.