- Private walking tour in central Prague
- Follow your private guide down medieval back roads and to top locations like Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square
- See major attractions, including Charles Bridge and the Astronomical Clock
- Learn about Prague’s long and turbulent history and hear stories of its heroes and villians
- Admire views of Prague Castle across the Vltava River
Departure & Return
12 Michalska st., Prague 1, Prague, (written as: Michalská 432/12, entrance to the courtyard is opposite Hotel U Staré Paní)
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
Tour concludes in central Prague
What To Expect
As you stroll around the history-steeped squares and streets, pass by the Bethlehem Chapel, a restored medieval chapel where the Czech national hero Jan Hus preached during the 1400s.
Work your way to Wenceslas Square, the bustling rectangular street that was the setting for two of the country’s defining moments during the 20th century — the 1968 Prague Spring and the 1989 Velvet Revolution against Soviet rule. See the statue of King Wenceslas that acted as a focal point for protestors and learn about the Czechs who fought for their country’s freedom.
Pass the Estates Theatre, where Mozart conducted the premiere of his opera Don Giovanni in 1787, and see Charles University, one of Europe’s oldest universities, and then head into the Old Town Square, the medieval heart of Prague.
Hear how it started life in the 12th century as the city’s main marketplace, and admire the candy-colored buildings, grand churches and mechanical Astronomical Clock, dating back to the 1400s.
Refuel with a drink (own expense) and continue to the former Jewish Quarter. Amble down the elegant streets as your guide tells tales of Prague’s age-old Jewish heritage, and see the Old Jewish Cemetery and Old New Synagogue, Europe’s oldest working synagogue.
Lastly, walk to the Vltava River to snap photos of huge, hilltop Prague Castle and the enchanting Charles Bridge. Your tour then ends in central Prague.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- You will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice
- Pick up location must be reported latest 72 hours due to tour time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Absolute Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms