- Full-day trip to Karlovy Vary from Prague
- Discover Bohemia's most famous spa town
- Glass exhibition
- Sample the mineral spring water, local wafers and traditional herbal liqueur
- English- and German-speaking guides
Departure & Return
Departure time info. Tour departs at 9.30am /valid from February 1st, 2019/ Departure Point: The Yellow Kiosk of Prague Sightseeing Tours Address: Náměstí Republiky 3 110 00 Prague 1 Directions: Opposite the Municipal House (near Powder Gate)
What To Expect
Hear how this Bohemian town grew up around some natural springs said to have been discovered by the Holy Roman Emperor Charles — or Karl, IV — in 1358. Hear how the town took the emperor’s name and how, in the 1800s, it attracted figures such as Ludwig van Beethoven who came here for the reputedly curative waters.
Drive through the lush forests that surround Karlovy Vary, and visit the town’s Moser glass factory. Learn about the company’s products, favored by Europe’s ruling elite during the 19th and early 20th centuries, and still one of the world’s most prestigious brands of crystal glassware.
See the skilled glassblowers at work and, if you wish, buy some of the exquisite crystal at the factory gift shop.
Continue into Karlovy’s stately center and stroll around the graceful spa colonnades and fountains. Sample some of the water and taste the town’s famous wafers, circular cracker-style treats smeared with chocolate, vanilla and other moreish coatings.
Purchase lunch at a restaurant, and try some Becherovka, a traditional herbal liqueur that’s synonymous with the town. Savor the gingery-cinnamon tipple as you hear how it’s made to a secret recipe using Karlovy’s soft water.
Your trip ends back at the original start point in Prague.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 29 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cedok
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized