- Guided tour of ancient Pompeii with a private guide
- See the well-preserved highlights of this once thriving Roman city
- View the streets, baths, temples and food shops, all locked in time
- Discover Pompeii's fresco-coated brothel and one of its ancient theaters
- Learn about daily life as it was and the city's destruction in AD 79
- Choose the family tour option, with a fun map, games and clues to engage the kids
- Enjoy the undivided attention of a private guide on both versions of this tour
Departure & Return
In front of Cafè Hortus Pompeii, Piazza Porta Marina Superiore 1, Pompei. Your guide will hold a sign with your name written on it. Please be aware there are different entrances away from each other. Our gate is called "Porta Marina Superiore"
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Meet your guide and prepare to be dazzled by this UNESCO World Heritage Site. If there’s something in particular you’d like to see, tell your guide so he or she can tailor the tour to your liking. If not, there’s plenty of things to be wowed by.
See the city walls and the Porta Marina gate that was once the entryway to the harbor of Pompeii. Explore the ancient theater where performances were regularly given. Gawk at what once was a Roman version of a ‘fast food’ restaurant, where vast vases still stand that were used for storing food. Stop at the Forum and learn about the political system in Pompeii and what the Forum was used for. Walk down the basalt-laden streets and squares of the city.
See the blocks that provided stepping-stones across the often-flooded and sewage-filled streets; and view must-sees such as the Temple of Apollo, the Macellum market, and the public weighing scales.
And, intriguingly, see the casts of victims who were immediately frozen by the volcanic eruption. Stop by the thermal baths, a popular pastime in ancient Roman times. And even visit an old brothel, also a much-enjoyed proclivity among Roman men.
Your tour ends at the original starting point, when you say goodbye to your guide.
Family Tour: Have kids in tow? Opt for the family tour, which intrigues children, thanks to games, puzzles and a map designed specifically for children. Your guide also tailors the route in a way that is geared towards youngsters. It’s a truly engaging way for them to discover the city and learn about life here long ago. The family tour ends at the starting point when you bid farewell to your guide.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Good walking shoes recommended
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel for children under 18 years
- TICKETS ARE NOT INCLUDED. To avoid time loss we recommend to purchase your tickets on line. The best gate is Pompeii Porta Marina Superiore. If you do not buy tickets in advance there is not a problem, we will help you to get them on the spot.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Leisure Italy
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms