- Full-day tour of Pompeii, including the newly opened Villas
- Explore the UNESCO-listed ruins of ancient Pompeii on a guided walking tour
- Marvel at the ancient amphitheater, Forum, Roman Baths, and temples
- Visit the newly opened Domus of Venus and House of Octavius Quartius
- Enjoy flexible departure times and skip-the-line entrance tickets
- Hotel or port pickup can be arranged at an additional cost
- This private tour ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Our guide will wait for you at the entrance of the coffee shop with a sign with your last name
What To Expect
Follow your guide on a walking tour of the ancient Roman city, admiring ruins that date back to as early as the 7th century BC.
Learn how the city was buried by the AD79 eruption of the nearby Mt Vesuvius volcano as you admire the remarkably preserved Roman Baths, Termopolium Capuano, and House of the Tragic Poet; stand in awe before the world’s oldest surviving Roman amphitheater; then hear stories of Roman life as you wander the Forum.
Next, head to the newly restored Villas or ‘Domus’, which were once home to rich aristocrats, and only opened to the public in March 2017. Stroll the magnificent ruins, stopping to admire the elaborate mosaics, beautifully restored frescoes, and gardens decorated with statues of mythical gods.
See the Domus of Venus with its colonnaded façade, striking courtyard, and renowned painting of the Birth of Venus, emerging from a seashell. Next, visit the House of Octavius Quartius, where the highlight is a painting of Narcissus; explore the House of the Fruit Trees, with its exquisite frescos, and stop by the House of Iulia Felix, which once served as a spa retreat.
After around five hours exploring Pompeii, your tour ends back at the starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The tour will be customized by the tour guide based on your preferences and the houses opened at the time; Not all the houses are opened together at once but they rotate
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Raphael Tours & Events
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff