- Explore waterfalls, a tropical rain forest, and a volcanic crater on an excursion from the Playa Hermosa area
- Walk across the crater of Miravalles Volcano, the only walkable crater in all of Costa Rica
- Pamper yourself in natural mineral-rich mud baths and geothermal hot springs inside the crater
- Hike past waterfalls and across the rain forest canopy on a series of swinging bridges
- Typical Costa Rican lunch included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from many regional hotels via air-conditioned vehicle included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Take a stretch break to swim in the pool beneath a waterfall en route to the volcano, before drying off and continuing to the crater of Miravalles, the only walkable crater in Costa Rica. Upon arrival, pamper yourself in nature’s spa with mineral-rich volcanic mud and lounge in geothermal hot springs.
Eat a fresh lunch onsite, and then embark on a moderate hike through a tropical rain forest. Get close to the canopy as you walk across hanging bridges and pass by three waterfalls before returning to your car and transferring back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 6 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Pininos Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Truly a once in a lifetime experience and would recommend this tour to anyone of all ages!" See review