Explore our promoted experiences
- Combo Xunantunich and cave tubing tour from Placencia
- Explore some of Belize's most impressive ancient Mayan ruins
- Take in spectacular views from the top of a ceremonial pyramid
- Hike through the jungle to reach an extensive cave network
- Float among enchanting caverns on an underground river
- Great way to experience highlights of the Cayo district in a single day
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Imagine the mighty city that once thrived here as you explore remnants of the plaza, royal palace, ball courts, and administrative buildings with your guide. If you're up for the challenge, hike to the top of the main temple for panoramic views of the Cayo and neighboring Guatemala. You may even see the trees below shaking with the movement of howler monkeys.
Then, take a voyage through what the ancient Maya considered to be the underworld on a cave tubing tour, one of Belize’s most popular adventures. Hike through the jungle to reach the mouth of an extensive cave network, and then float along an underground river on an inner tube. Watch the light from your headlamp flicker across mysterious rock and crystal formations as the gentle currents carry you along. After emerging back into daylight, relax on the return ride to your Placencia hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is require
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Private Belize Adventure
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms