6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Visit English-speaking Mayan homes in the village of Big Falls with the Living Maya Experience on this guided tour. Learn how the local Kek'chi Mayas live off the forest, from food to furniture to medicine, and hear about their beliefs, traditions, and other cultural activities. Plus, get hands-on food prep experience; traditional Mayan dishes are served for lunch. The tour also includes a stop at the Nim Li Punit ruins.
- This tour is educational, informative, and hands-on; ideal for families
- While convenient for cruise passengers, the tour also includes hotel pickups for all guests
- Learn about the Mayans with this immersive “behind-the-scenes” experience
- Lunch includes vegetarian options
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Transfer From harvest Caye
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Maya Island Air, GJQQ+293, Placencia, Belize
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travelers
- OPERATED BY Private Belize Adventure
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Nim li Punit Mayan Ruin and The Living Maya Experience from Plancencia?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Nim li Punit Mayan Ruin and The Living Maya Experience from Plancencia?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Nim li Punit Mayan Ruin and The Living Maya Experience from Plancencia?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Nim li Punit Mayan Ruin and The Living Maya Experience from Plancencia?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 9025P41
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursArchaeology ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingPlacenciaShore Excursions - HopkinsBus Tours - HopkinsArchaeology Tours - HopkinsPorts of Call Tours - HopkinsHistorical Tours - HopkinsHalf-day Tours - HopkinsShore Excursions - San IgnacioBus Tours - San IgnacioArchaeology Tours - San IgnacioPorts of Call Tours - San IgnacioHistorical Tours - San IgnacioHalf-day Tours - San IgnacioShore Excursions - Belize CityBus Tours - Belize CityArchaeology Tours - Belize CityPorts of Call Tours - Belize CityHistorical Tours - Belize CityHalf-day Tours - Belize CityCategory