4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Learn about the Garifuna culture during a hands-on experience on this half-day tour in Placencia. After exploring Garifuna artifacts, you will cook and enjoy a traditional specialty called “hudut,” which is made with mashed plantains and a creamy coconut fish stew. Following lunch, participate in drumming lessons with a local musician.
- Immerse yourself in the local culture with this hands-on experience
- Discover the Garifuna life with this cooking class
- Remember to bring bottled water and insect repellent
- Pickup and drop-off outside Placencia is available for an additional fee
Saved to wishlist!
Pick Up and Drop Off in Placencia Village.
Hotel Pickup and Drop-Off outside Placencia Village (but can be arrange for $10 US)
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
2287 Placencia Peninsula Road, Placencia 00000, Placencia, Belize
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant meals not included.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Splash Dive Center Limited (but shown as Splash Dive Shop on Trip Advisor)
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Garifuna Cultural Private Tour in Placencia ?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Garifuna Cultural Private Tour in Placencia ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Garifuna Cultural Private Tour in Placencia ?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Garifuna Cultural Private Tour in Placencia ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Garifuna Cultural Private Tour in Placencia
7 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPlacenciaBus Tours - HopkinsHalf-day Tours - HopkinsBus Tours - San IgnacioHalf-day Tours - San IgnacioBus Tours - Belize CityHalf-day Tours - Belize CityCategory