- 3-hour Little Petra safari by 4x4 from Petra
- Ride a 4x4 around Little Petra, once a trading outpost of ancient Petra
- Pass through the canyon entrance to view rock-cut buildings
- See caves once used for dining, including one adorned with frescoes
- Explore a Nabataean cistern, Neolithic-era remains, and ruined Crusader fort
- See the sun set over Little Petra over tea and snacks
- Round-trip 4x4 transport and hotel or camp pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
After soaking in magnificent panoramas over the main Petra site from a viewpoint, drive on to Al Wu'ayra, a crumbled Crusader fort built by King Baldwin I during the 1100s.
Then, pass through a Bedouin village as you continue into Little Petra, an age-old valley and area dotted with rock-cut buildings hewn by the ancient Nabataeans.
Head off-road to see a Neolithic village dating from between 7,200 and 6,500 BC; one of the world’s oldest discovered settlements. Then, continue to Beir Al-Aris, a well-preserved Nabataean cistern. Composed of rock chambers and staircases, the cistern served as a well and is still used by locals for irrigation.
Next, head through the Siq Al-Barid, the narrow canyon that opens to many of Little Petra’s monuments. See the carved porticos and caves used as caravan stations and dining spots by long-ago traders, and view the 1st-century ceiling frescoes in one of the caverns.
Finally, visit a vantage point to experience awe-inspiring sunset views over Little Petra, admiring the scenery over a campfire-brewed tea and snacks. Your trip then finishes back at the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Casual attire with comfortable walking shoes
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Jordan Inspiration Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.