- Close encounter with wildlife
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Multi-Day Trip
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Pick-up from staying hotel within Penang Island
Return point: Tour end at Kuala Kedah Jetty for ferry to Langkawi
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child policy: children below 13 years of age are not allowed at the Earth Lodge.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking (ie. vegetarian, gluten free, etc)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Tour involved a lot of walking
- You are advised to travel light on the journey into Ulu Muda Rainforest (backpacking). You can leave your heavier luggage at the hotel in Alor Star before entering the Ulu Muda area.
- The seats of the boats from Muda Lake Jetty to Earth Lodge are made of wooden planks without back-rest.
- Earth Lodge – simple chalet style accommodation equipped with two single mattresses, attached bathroom with sit toilet, balcony and ceiling fan. There is no water heater, bath towels and toiletries. Bring your own personal toiletries; towel; snacks, drinks and other necessities (ie. medicine). Lodge does not have groceries shop.
- Electricity to the Earth Lodge is powered by a generator which will be switched on between 1800hrs to 2300hrs daily.
- Ferry journey to Langkawi is without guide on board.
- Own arrangement in Langkawi.
- Activities are subject to weather condition, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situation.
- Sighting of wildlife is not guaranteed.
- What to bring (recommended): Covered shoes with good grip, torch lights with spare batteries, insect repellent, sun block, refillable water bottle, leech socks, day pack, hat, poncho/raincoat, swimming gear, sandals/flip-flops, toiletries and bath towel. Camera and binoculars in water proof container/casing encouraged.
- Advance booking required. Cancel less than 33 days before arrival subject to cancellation fees
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Asian Overland Services
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by A Date With Nature At Ulu Muda Rainforest.