- 2-hour tour of a cheese factory in Parma, including cheese tasting
- Visit a 'caseficio' (cheese factory) to learn how authentic parmigiano-reggiano is made
- Sample some Parmigiano-Reggiano with honey and wine after the tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Parma included
Departure & Return
Meeting point in front of the NH hotel which is next to the train station.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Watch cheesemakers at work as they cook the milk to separate the whey and lift the Parmigiano-Reggiano. See how the cheese goes on to be salted and shaped next, followed by placement in the aging room (the 'stagionatura' in Italian). Admire the rows and rows of aging wheels of cheese that perfume the air.
Learn about the strict tests required by the consortium before the cheese wheels are permitted to be sold as authentic Parmigiano-Reggiano, including hammering the wheels, and the fire branding that takes place. Finish the tour by tasting cheese along with honey and local wine. Pickup and drop-off from your Parma hotel is included.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Curioseety SRLS
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Very labor intensive and a process that must be constantly monitored." See review
- "Make sure you confirm the pickup time, because it was 30 minutes before we thought it was, but fortunately figured it out early!" See review
- "Lots of space throughout the farm, so it was also easy to spread out for social distancing." See review