- Guided walking tour of the Opera Garnier in Paris
- See where some of the world’s most famous operas, like La Traviata, have taken place
- Prepare to be awestruck by elegance as you admire opulent chandeliers, mosaics, paintings and mirrors in the Grand Foyer
- Opt for an after-hours tour to see the magnificent Opera Garnier without the crowds
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Visit the Member's Rotunda, with its inlaid mosaic floor and elegant lighting, which once served as the reception area for VIP opera-goers. Take in the incredible main staircase (Grand Escalier), with Greek gods and goddesses depicted in bronze on either side. Learn about the opera house's history, including beloved operas that have been performed on its stage and how this iconic theater inspired the setting for the novel by Gaston Leroux (and, later, musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber), 'The Phantom of the Opera.'
Walk into the enormous auditorium to be enveloped by the red velvet upholstery and golden décor. Everything is opulent and over-the-top, and perfectly theatrical. Don't miss the huge chandelier at the center of the auditorium.
See the Grand Foyer and the lounges where theater-goers can chat and get a drink during intermissions, and where you'll see yet more decorative mosaics, mirrors and paintings. These areas were designed to look like a typical French chateau. Tours typically end here, from which point you can continue to explore on your own.
Choose to upgrade your experience with an after-hours tour to see all the sights of this impressive theater without the usual daytime crowds. You'll visit all the same sights listed above, but your group will have the space all to itself.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour is not suitable for children under 5 years old
- Access to the auditorium of the Opera Garnier is not guaranteed as it may be closed for technical or artistic reasons
- On the day tour the guide will talk into a microphone and you will be able to hear clearly using a broadcast system provided by the Opera Garnier. One ID card or passport will be required as a guarantee for the audio equipment.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cultival
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
See all safety measures taken by Treasures of the Opera Garnier Tour in Paris.