- Enjoy a picnic lunch by the River Seine (own expense)
- Pass the cemetery where Monet is buried in a family vault
- See the footbridge, ponds, and water lilies that inspired Monet
- Round-trip transport is included
Departure & Return
All tours depart from the Fat Tire Tours office at 24 rue Edgar Faure, 75015 Paris. The closest metro is the Dupleix station (line 6). Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Disembark at the village of Vernon, where you’ll stock up on picnic supplies such as fresh cheeses, breads, and fruit at the local farmers’ market (own expense). Climb on your bike and cross the Seine for a lovely picnic lunch on the riverbanks.
Continue biking around five kilometers (three miles) along country roads to the postcard-perfect village of Giverny, where Monet lived from 1883 to 1926. Peddle past the village church and its historic cemetery, where Monet is buried in a family vault. Learn about the artistic legacy of the Hotel Baudy, which counts painters Manet and Renior among its illustrious guests, and admire the town’s delightful cafes and lanes.
Arrive at Monet’s beautifully maintained country house, furnished with original decor and artwork for an authentic glimpse into the painter’s daily life. Stroll through Monet’s gardens, bursting with color from a dazzling variety of flowers such hollyhocks, roses, tulips, and poppies. In a Japanese-style section of the garden, see the footbridge, ponds, and water lilies that inspired Monet’s most iconic paintings.
After 1.5 hours visiting the home and gardens, cycle back to Vernon, and relax on the return journey to Paris, where your tour concludes in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is no age minimum or maximum - this tour is suitable for everyone as long as you can ride a bike!
- If a children's bike is required, you must advise at time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fat Tire Tours - Paris
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Again, Giverny is beautiful and a must-see while in the Paris region, but only do this if you are normal weight, (I am overweight and found the bicycle unable to support me) and a good rider." See review